How much does it cost to rewire a house in the UK?June 28, 2018 bisonelectrical
What is the average cost of rewire a house in the UK?
How much does it cost to replace the electrical wiring installation on my property?
How often do I have to rewire my property?
How long will the wiring in my house take?
Are just some of the questions that every consumer or business who wishes to rewire their residential, commercial and industrial properties will seek expert judgement on.
How will the cost of rewiring your property be determined?
Whilst electrical rewiring may seem like a simple task, there are various factors you will need to take into account when considering how much it will cost to rewire your property.
There is no hard and fast rule for estimating the cost of rewiring residential, commercial and industrial properties.
Some of the most important factors used to estimate rewiring costs are the architecture of the property and a varying number of rooms within each property.
Typically properties with the same number of rooms and measurements will attract the same range of rewiring costs however, other factors can still vary costs further such as the area where your property is located, plus the experience and expertise of your chosen electrical professional.
Does my house need rewiring?
According to rules and regulations in the UK, every residential home owner is to have the electrical wiring installation at their property tested every 10-years and for landlords or owners of the rented property, the time period is reduced to every 5 years.
Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR), formerly known as Periodic Inspection Report, is to be carried out by a skilled electrician for the property.
Here is what the report will contain:
- Proper inspection of switchboards and fuse boards.
- Switches, sockets and other fixations for lights and bulbs will be inspected as well.
- The polarity of the installations will be checked as well.
- All protective elements installed in your house will be inspected. These elements should prevent your house from electric dangers and other hazards arising out of electrical issues.
What factors affect rewiring costs for houses in the UK?
- Size of your house or accommodation.
- Whether the house is occupied or vacant. If your house is vacant, the electricians will be able to work faster.
- The specifications and the kind of fixtures you need for your house. Some kinds of fixtures cost more than others, depending on their brand and specification.
- The number of sockets and electrical outlets you have in your house.
- Where you live in the UK. The prices for electricians vary depending on where you live in the UK.
How much does it cost to rewire a house in 2018?
- Anything between £2,000 and £3,000 will be charged for a two-bed terraced house.
- The prices for three-bed semi-detached house’s rewiring will cost somewhere between £3,000 and £4,000, depending on the regional price variances.
- Four-bed detached house’s rewiring will cost something between £3,500 and £5,000.
It is worth noting that electrical rewiring is a specialist task that will require – Materials, Labor Costs and Installation Time Frame which may have some impact on your day-to-day life.
The most obvious factor for determining the costs of rewiring your property is the size of your house.
Other than this, various areas in the UK can also have different set rates.
Also worth remembering that homeowners will need to have their properties inspected and will have to make the necessary electrical wiring changes after a set period of time has elapsed.
Get FREE Electrical Quotes Today!
5 Tips for Good Lighting
How to find the Best Electrical Services in London?
Average Electrical Bill in the UK- FAQs