Landlord HMO Electrical Checks
Having worked with many landlords over the years we have the knowledge to advise on the necessary legal requirements for your HMO. As a landlord, you have a number of electrical safety obligations over your property to ensure the installation is safe for the tenant.
Compliance with the law when it comes to electrical safety is something that you cannot afford to overlook. We can advise you on your obligations and how best to ensure that you are fully compliant with current legislation.
The Bison Electrical team offer a bespoke service for HMO properties. Whether you require an emergency electrician or find yourself in need of an emergency EICR report, Electrical certificate required for HMO landlords, these services have been designed for you. All our electricians are NICEIC approved and specialists within the field.
Electrical Obligations in HMOs
There are a number of electrical safety obligations to comply with
- Ensuring the electrical installation of the property is safe at the beginning and throughout the tenancy by carrying out an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) to ensure the installation within your property is safe
- Inspections carried out every 5 years
- Ensuring any appliances are safe throughout the tenancy. This can be achieved through annual PAT testing
- Ensuring that a carbon monoxide alarm is fitted in all rooms that have a solid fuel burning appliance
Bison Bespoke HMO Services
We can help you meet all the legal requirements and can complete all the necessary works to help you meet HMO standards.
- EICR (Electrical installation condition report)
- LD3 Fire detection (interlinked smoke and heat detectors with control switch)
- Communal automatic fire detection ADF and emergency lighting
- Plug sockets (correct amount per room)
- Emergency lighting in communal areas
- Fuse board, RCD protected to regulation
- Emergency call points
- Smoke detector test switch
Contact the Bison Team Today
If you are a landlord or letting agency managing an HMO, we can help ensure you fulfill your electrical safety obligations. We are NICEIC approved contractors meaning all our work adheres to Part P of the building regulations. Contact us today to discuss your requirements.